I like many I started with a Lee Anniversary kit Everything you needed except for dies for $125 from Wholesale Sports. Way less than the RCBS kit here in Canada. The Challenger press kept breaking the pot metal toggle links on with collet dies. It was common problem , so the solution was out there, a handle off the 1000? turret press. A cheap fix. That's how they are made now. I replaced it with the Classic Cast when they came out . My only complaint is with my RCBS bullet puller jamming into the 50 cal bushing and loosing it. Just to try something different I got a used Lyman T-Mag . Kubota orange looks much better than the original pastel orange. It was sloppy and I don't think it was wear rather loose tolerance. . I was able to get most of that out with shim stock. Latest ones have screw adjustment. I found a early ugly brown Co-Ax . I like it a lot. Of course I made up a spent primer tube for it. I even bought Forster seating dies for it. As the early ones don't have the clearance for the taller Redding seaters. It was too much hassle changing handles.

I have Lee, Lyman, Redding, Bonanza, Hornady and RCBS dies. A collet will hold an expander much more centered than a thread. (I was saying this long before Lee picked it up for their advertising) . Threads at the price of dies are not going to be high precision . To get around this I add a small O-ring to get some self-alignment. For a while Hornady made real nice expanders for RCBS dies, I wish I had picked up more sizes.

I set up my son with a reloading kit . For a powder measure I gave him my plastic Lee when I bought their Cast one. The plastic one worked better.

I'm reloading shotgun shells so I'm using a 1000gr Lyman beam scale. It's the poorest made of the three I have, the others are a RCBS 5-0-5 and a Lee. I have even bought and use check weights.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back