I have a Savage single shot action, and put a 17 Fireball barrel on it from E.A. Arthur out of Minnesota.. I think I paid $250 for the barrel. Its a stationary rifle vs a walking varminter. The barrel is 26 inches and heavy varmint straight contour.

Wasn't what I was looking for, but it certainly cheap enough to have something to play with the cartridge and see its potential. I had a hundred pieces of aftemarket 223 Brass made on Lake City brass, I bought years ago out of some company in Illinois. Reloading it I got 15 reloads out of the brass before it split at the web.

Just passing this on Snow-wolfe.,if the experience was any help. I've considered the 17 Rem, but it had a lot of negativity to it compared to the Fireball version.... like the bore needs cleaned every 15 shots or it fouls quite a bit... hence why I went with the Fireball.

When I originally bought the brass, I did a 100 rounds of Fireball and 100 rounds of 17 Rem. I still have that around here somewhere... also made from reformed Lake City Brass.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez