The Chemo put me way off track on my projects, and retirement blew the roof off the possibilities. No, I probably won't have a new deer rifle in the field this year, but you never know. It's not like I'll get bored. In fact I may leave more of my tried-and-true choices home.

First off, I've brought the Whelenizer out of retirement. It's my Rem 7600 in 35 Whelen and I am going afield with a light 180-grain Speer
New Load for the Whelenizer

[Linked Image from genesis9.angzva.com]

I am also testing several new bullets for my Mauser in 25-06

Then there's the monster project. The Brown Bess swallows all range time that one can give it. There are just so many possibilities-- so many variables. It really brings out the mad scientist in a shooter. So far, I've managed minute-of-pie-plate at 40 yards with a .69 cal ball in a paper cartridge. Now that turkey season is over, I will be working with .715 and .735 ball to see if I can do better.

If time allows, I would like to test out my .54 Hawken on a deer. Twenty years ago, I swapped out the original barrel for a 1 in 28" Green Mountain barrel so I could shoot conicals. Now that I have a fancy inline, I decided to put things back the way they were and try hunting again with patched round ball.

#1 Granddaughter, Mooselette, is going out this year with a Savage 340 in 30-30.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer