Originally Posted by cra1948
I only got 3/4 of the way through the 4 rifle rotation I had planned this year. Now I've started playing with my long-dormant .25-06AI and different bullets so I think I'll throw that into the mix which is like getting a new rifle, I haven't used it in so long. I may also retrieve my .303 Savage that's currently at my son's house to quiet the inexplicable urge I have had lately to get get a .30-30.

I really don't have any desire to get a new (or new to me) rifle. I'm really trying to cut back. I recently sent two handguns and a rifle down the road and used the proceeds to buy a new sporting clays gun which I like a lot. However, I find myself asking why because I only shoot sporting clays a couple of times a month and I've always been happy to do it with my duck gun or one of my bird guns.

All that said, even though I'm not actively looking for another gun of any kind, if I come across any one of several revolvers, shotguns or rifles at anywhere near the right price they will come home with me. I don't think I'll ever be cured.

Update: Still working with the .25-06 AI, have a bunch of cases ready to be fireformed. Had my son bring me the .303 Savage when he came to visit about a month ago. As far as new (to me) goes, recently acquired a No. 1A in 7X57 and development is coming along well, so...yes, going to have a new deer rifle this season.

Mathew 22: 37-39