Originally Posted by Darryle
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Why go with the plex reticle when they make a ballistic plex? I wouldn’t waste my money on the standard duplex reticle. There is no benefit by going with a standard plex reticle. About as worthless/useable as the gloss redfield I bought today for $29. You damn sure aren’t going to be dialing that burris

This ^^^^^, it's easy enough to figure out the hash marks in a single range session and the scopes are almost bullet proof for a set and forget.

I am a huge fan of the Long Range MOA Reticle myself, adaptable to just about any cartridge and takes a minimal amount of seat time to get the ballistic information you need for your rifle and ammo combination.
Great post. I often wonder how many guys actually do what you just described. It’s not hard to do, like you said. One range trip and you have all the info you need. The FFII’s strong point is not in dialing, but it holds zero like nobody’s business. It’s up to the op, but a plain Jane reticle is worthless unless you are only shooting to about 150 yards. My 30-30 is good for about that far, so I use a Leupold on it.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA