Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by MikeS
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Some guys were having real good luck with the Horandy 147gr ELDM. Wonder if those guys can expound on the subject? beretzs was one of them, if I remember correctly. That bullet has been pretty impressive to me, at shooting out to 1,000 yards. Not that I'd shoot a deer out that far, but I'd have no qualms putting one in the boiler room at 600 yards.. There's enough weight and mass there, that it should even work well up close too.

Cool, love to see some pictures of those 1000 yard groups.

Show yours first, so I can post up the ones that beat it.. Although, that's not what the OP was looking for. The last time I was using those 147's, I was shooting 600 yards. Hence the reason I said I'd have "no qualms" using it at that range:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Throw up a 600 yard target Mike.. Just 1. Thanks!!!

OR, how about a sub 1" group at 400 yards:

Again, the intent was to ask the guys that used this particular bullet on deer to "expound" on how well they worked. I'll wait for the pics buddy..

I have posted both 600 yard and 1000 yard targets within the past few months, feel free to check. I will note that they are shown on the proper sized target face. Not a 600 yard group on a 1000 yard face like you post above.

Regarding Hornady 6.5 ELDs on deer sized game, they work quite well on deer as I have posted in my hunt write ups in the past. What has been your actual experience with them? A rhetorical question of course...

Too close for irons, switching to scope...