Originally Posted by drano 25
center shot, we’re you satisfied with the performance of the gamechanger? What range were the kills?

Likely loading some up in a Creed for a young teenager deer this fall. Haven’t shot anything with yet. Based on what I’ve read, I think it will be great at the ranges he’ll be hunting.

First deer I shot with the 6.5 (bottom pic) was at about 175 yards (130 GameChanger). Shot behind the front shoulder, deer just dropped right on his nose dead as a door nail. Second buck (top pic) - shot him about 40 yards behind shoulder, ran 40-50 yards and piled up (130 GameChanger). Third buck was at 312 yards - I hit him a little high again behind shoulder but he dropped like a sack of potatoes. My Son in law said "dang, he didn't even twitch"(140 SST). I've had very good luck with the 6.5. For 30+ years prior I have used a 30-06 w/ 150's or 180's and had longer blood trails on average than with the 6.5.

FWIW: I drew a good tag for antlered elk this year and will be using my 6.5 with most likely 143 ELD-X & RL-16 at about 2640fps. Extremely accurate in my Tikka T3X.

Last edited by centershot; 07/19/23.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope