I bought a 6.5 creedmoor back in 2018 and had intentions of hunting it myself. My son started deer hunting the next year and started using that rifle. I bought one for myself in 2020 and have deer hunted with it a bit.

Between my son and I we've taken whitetails with an assortment of bullets including the 120 Hornady GMX (now CX), 123 SST, 129 Interlock, 130 Sierra Gamechanger, and the 143 ELD-X. Shots ranged from 25yds to 275yds. Every bullet has done a great job. There's been a few drop right there bang flop ordeals along the way. None of them required an additional shot, none ran more than 50ish yds. All of it resulted from good shot placement.

I see so many people rag on the creedmoor, and there's alot of idiots out there that believe the Creedmoor is a "magic" cartridge. It's not. What it is though, is an accurate updated version of some other proven established cartridges, and it does its intended purpose real well, and is arguably the most successful cartridge introduced this century and as a result there's likely ammo at every retailer in every corner of the world.

I carry one because it just plain works and I don't care about the nay sayers and contrary to what you'll read, you don't have to sport a man bun to shoot one. Good thing because I'm bald