Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The only Walmart here is a superstore. I don't like it but need to go there regularly. It sure beats the Target a mile away. Their pharmacy is kind of strange. My wife had knee surgery a few weeks ago and they don't sell oxycodone. We go to Costco for that. On the other hand, my wife had a diabetic dog that needed daily insulin injections. Walmart's price on insulin was 1/4 the price of any place else in town, $26 vs $95 for a small bottle. Seems that Walmart owns the insulin factory, literally, and they sell it at a greatly reduced price.

Walmart is the place to go for inexpensive insulin. As far as oxycodone, according to ashp.org (they keep track of drug shortages), pretty much all the immediate release forms of oxycodone are on backorder. Walmart would sell it if they had it, but they might also be keeping it for their 'regulars' because pharmacy customers tend to get really really b**chy if they don't get their opioids (ask me how I know).

Here's the drug shortage information on oxycodone (https://www.ashp.org/drug-shortages/current-shortages/drug-shortage-detail.aspx?id=926)

I will also note, in response to the person posting about the Amazon pharmacy, it seems that they don't fill for Schedule II medications (which has a lot of legal requirements for identifying the prescriber and the patient), so they would not be an option for oxycodone or any other opioids.

Last edited by bighunter7x57; 05/30/23. Reason: Amazon doesn't fill opioids

“To give anything less than the best is to sacrifice the gift.” -Steve Prefontaine

Matthew 25:31-46