My experiences are up and down. Yesterday was down.

I stopped to get a tire fixed on the way from Custer to Pierre. Saturday morning the owner of the independent tire shop in Custer said to my face in the door of his open shop that he didn't want to fix my tire. OK then, I probably won't be back. I nursed it along for the weekend and stopped at Walmart (which was open and willing to help) in south Rapid to get it fixed on the way back here. They took it in, 20 mins later kid with a nose ring told me that the tire was worn more than company policy allowed them to fix, so they took the screw out and put my tire back on the rim.

I said to Nose Ring, "What are my options?" He didn't know. He got the manager out, who I appreciate was working on holiday. I asked him what my options were. He had no answer either.

I finally said, "Do you have four matching tires to put on it?"

"No." OK then.

"Look, I want to buy four tires not five, can you fix it anyway to get me back to Pierre tonight? I'm not staying here in this Walmart overnight waiting." Took me almost five minutes to convince him of that and then I had to sign multiple releases, some electronic, some in wet ink. Took an hour and a half start to finish. While I was waiting I found a single Grabber on clearance which would have fit marked $48 or something like that. I would have done that, no problem. They didn't know their inventory. All said and done, they Charged me $15 for the service, and another $5 for a snack and a bottle of water. They lost a pile of money on me yesterday.

My truck is on the hoist at the independent tire shop in Pierre right now getting four new WildPeak AT3W which were in stock at $260 each. Set it up by phone on my way into the Y at 7 this morning and will be done by 3. Cheers to them.

Last edited by BKinSD; 05/30/23.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"