Originally Posted by ldmay375
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Interested in your reports on CEB and Hammer bullets.

As big a CEB and Hammer fan as I am, if I was going to Africa for DG, think I’d stick with the TSX 270 in the .375, 350 in the 416. Those two didn’t get their reputations in a vacuum. They work.

DF
Originally Posted by memtb
If it were “my” Buffalo hunt …..I’d be using 350’s! But that’s just me! memtb

I am a certainly a big TSX & TTSX fan. The 270 TSX in 375 and 350 TSX in 416 have both worked outstanding for me on moose. Plus, definitely no complaints on accuracy in several rifles. I just don't see the 325 Shock Hammer and/or Maximus giving up any terminal performance to the 350 TSX / TTSX. I could be wrong, but I really don't think so. Particularly if the 325 Shock Hammer performs on the same level as the .458 404 grain Shock Hammer. I would think the 325 Maximus would perform very similar to the 325 Hammer.

Certainly nothing against the Hammers or even the CEBs…..but, was money answering using the original two options! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024