Originally Posted by shrapnel
Don’t listen to these guys, everyone wants to know more than the next guy and the closest resident to Yellowstone is still a couple states away.

You can have a firearm in Yellowstone, so don’t worry about that. Leave it out of sight, but you would do that anyway.

Visit every attraction you can, don’t avoid any. Old Faithful is still inspiring, geysers and paint pots are still worthwhile. The Grand Canyon is absolutely amazing and the views from both upper and lower falls is worth any traffic that will slow you down.

No one has been in Yellowstone more than I have, and all these years I still find it interesting regardless of the traffic jams, idiots and Asians. You couldn’t design a park with as many natural wonders to see if you took all the best recreational designers and tried to come up with a better destination.

Having all this negativity and advice to go in the fall, doesn’t change the fact that Yellowstone is a magnificent Park and worth seeing, take your flyrod and camera and you won’t be sorry…

Thanks Shrap. I am trying to do this for my family and ease my personal bias. My wife is cool with bailing a few days early, but the inlaws are fading fast in their late 70's and all. I do have some nice full frame camera gear to exercise.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.