High country: I also HIGHLY recommend early to mid-September for your visit!
Cancel the reservations and re-schedule.
If that is not possible then be sure to hit "Artist Point" at mid-day (noonish) for the best shadow free photography and viewing of the falls of the Yellowstone.
50 years ago the VarmintWife and I used to catch a dandy large-ish Yellowstone Cutthroat Trout every cast from the shore of Yellowstone Lake right where the highway (Buffalo Bill Scenic Byway) from Cody and the East Entrance first meets Yellowstone Lake. We use the brass looking "U" shaped bent metal lure with red dots (these are sold at all the stores in Yellowstone Park).
Cast way out and slow retrieve.
Alas this fishery was nearly wiped out when the illegally planted Lake Trout came to over-population (they eat the young native Yellowstone Cutthroats). The Cutthroat are coming back but as yet not like they used to be.
In recent years I have gone more to flyfishing anyway.
I get through the park 3 or 4 times a year now (instead of just twice a year before I retired and moved to Montana 26 years ago) and I am now accustomed to (resigned to) Bear Jambs and Elk Jambs and Buffalo Jambs and last year got into 3 Grizzly Jambs on one trip. I was even stuck in a Badger Jamb two years ago. You DON'T want to hit a Wolf jamb! Been there done that.
Be CERTAIN to travel over the OUTSTANDING Beartooth Scenic Highway via the North Entrance Cooke City to Red Lodge route - take your time on this trip stopping at every pullout and lake and glassing with binocs or spotting scopes.
Think positive and enjoy nature.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy