If your recent misfires were from 7-8 years ago, that would have still been old Remington. The new ammunition is still the same Arkansas plant, but under Vista ownership. Does that mean it’s better quality? I don’t know. That would be nice if Vista improved quality. As far has factory ammunition goes, I’ve had the best luck with Federal and Norma.

I’ve never had misfires with Core-Lokt, but I have not had good accuracy with the exception of some 130 grain .270 and some 150 grain 30-06, and it was not exceptional accuracy. As most know, factory loaded 270 is typically slower than other factory cartridges. However, Core-Lokt .270 130 grain has consistently chronographed give or take only around 2,775-2,825 and similar in several rifles I’ve used. I have also seen that reported by others. Meanwhile, Federal Power-Shok (blue box) typically chronographs 2,950-3,000+ range. With that said, I’ve seen much better relative velocity out of the 30-06 150 grain Core-Lokt loads.

Again, it would be nice if Vista improved things. Has anyone shot recent, Vista owned Core-Lokt ammo and how did it shoot?

Last edited by hinesf4i; 08/12/23. Reason: Info added