I’ve had the misfire thing and very poor accuracy.
Severs years ago I bought 300 rds of 06 core lokt , tried it in a Valmet over under , Savage , Remington 700 , and BAR . None shot it good , I’m talking in excess of 2”
So finally I scrapped it and kept the brass .
Think I still got a box or two of it somewhere , 10rd boxes
Then several years later bought T/C Venture and some core lokt for step son , zeroed the gun in and handed it to him for early Christmas. Few days later he calls and says it won’t fire
Bring it over
He was right , sometimes it would fire after. Couple strikes , sometimes not .
Tried it in 721 , bang every time . So we sent the rifle back , and in a few weeks hadn’t it back , I handed it to him and told him he needed to get it done , season was closing in on us
Another friggin call
So now I’m thinking WTH ?
Tried it in 721 which was a tack driver , bang , but poor accuracy .
So now I go to web and find complaints about core lokt .
So I get some Federal blue box and it shot fine , but now his confidence is shot in the gun .
Ended up ,choke, giving him my pride and joy T/C Icon 243 with beautiful wood stock , what a tack driver .
I kept the Venture under the bed for a few years and finally got it out 6-8 yrs ago and that sucker put a smile on my face .
So , I haven’t been a big fan of it in some years , but like many others , grew up with it , was what most people in the day hunted with .
On the flip side of that got some old 220 rd nose that shoots damned good and a Savage 20 gauge slug gun that shoots their accu tip lights out , bought about 350-400 rds of that 10 yrs or so ago
Need to get that stuff out and see if it’s srtill capable of stacking them
Kenneth