I can see how pain and suffering and injustice in the world calls into question the goodness and the love and the justice of God, but not the existence of God. This is a really big deal. There clearly is pain and suffering and injustice in the world, and Christians claim to worship a good and loving and right God…the God presented to us by Jesus in the New Testament…who’s all about right things and goodness and love. But the fact is that there is pain and suffering and injustice in the world, so I can see how it calls into question the justice and the love and the goodness of God, but not the existence of God.

To me, it makes more sense to be angry than atheist. It makes more sense to be angry with God. “God, if you’re love and good and just, then why the pain and suffering and injustice…?” It makes sense to be angry with God. But it doesn’t make any sense to me to be atheist based on pain and suffering and injustice in the world. There is a difference between arguing for God’s existence and examining your personal experience regarding God. The existence of God is different than your personal experience regarding God.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.