Nope. I see no empirical evidence of a higher power. If there is one, it's uncaring, aloof, and unresponsive. It is I DGAF. If a God set it up, it's a rolling stone down the chute. Chit happens. Whatever...

We are basically fugged to our heritage and environs. Period. Muslims, Christians, heathens, Hindus, tribesman, etc. You get one shot in life . Here and now, under the circumstances you are born. Make the most of it. Be decent.

The "one God" concept was invented about 3K years ago, by the Hebrews after a 75K evolution of mankind. Ain't saying they were wrong, but it WAS an invention or REVELATION - take your pick. By the way, it reads "Thou shalt not have no other god above me". Mind the "no other"..

I/we got lucky, and I am very appreciative to me, my time, and place.

Keeping in mind that many of my past opinions over 76 years have proven at least partially erroneous.

I have lived, I am gonna die. I hope I haven't done too many people too much wrong. I have made little or no difference in world affairs, or even in national or local affairs.

That's all.

If there is indeed a God, He can judge me on that. If there is indeed a God, I trust he will be forgiving of my foibles. I don't buy "free will - believe in me un-equivaquably - or you re damned"- hardly the definition of "free will", and all the other stuff.

In other words, "Give me a break, will-ya? " smile

Last edited by las; 08/27/23.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.