Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by ldholton
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by ldholton
what's this pre-64 model 70 rechambered from a 300 H&H or custom barrel?

Rechambered from 300H&H. It was pretty common back in the day.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Bottom rifle in this pic. These 2 weigh in at 8 pounds even as shown. 338wm has a custom barrel on it. At one time, it was also an H&H.
looks like they did a really good job cuz it's shooting pretty dang good..

Thanks. I don't know who did the work. The guy I bought it from said he bought it that way and he had it for 20 years. He said he was waiting for just the right person to sell it to. Made me one hell of a good deal on it. Last year I restocked it in the Brown Precision PoundR kevlar stock. She's a shooter. I don't shoot either of these rifles much because I want to conserve the barrel life.

Barrels are like tires buddy! Shoot em up. Can’t do it when you’re dead!

Too bad they weren't like puzzy. Cant wear that out, no matter how hard you try.. and I try buddy!!! I have a lot of rifles, so I choose which ones don't get shot much. That 338wm is one of them. The funny thing about that rifle is it has a ton of barrel life. I can't think of anytime It's shot over 3/4" for 5 shots!! I've always been a little leery about putting too many rounds down the 300wby's as well, since I wore the first one out. Plus, they take a lot of powder to feed.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA