Originally Posted by 43Shooter
Mine, just bought it last month, so far is only reliable out of the box with CCI 40 gr. Mini Mags. It won't reliably fire any other type of ammo I've tried in it including CCI Mini Mag 36 gr. HPs. I tried the Galloway Precision firing pin spring and it made no difference. So far I haven't had the guts to try to install the Galloway hammer spring. Based on their installation video you better have some strong mechanical aptitude and there's a lot of parts involved. Galloway will do it for you for $50 plus freight but won't guarantee it due to ammo differences.

I'm not knocking Galloway. I got fast shipping on the spring kit and very good, fast communication from them on my questions. They seem to be a realistic first class company.

For now I'm going to shoot the 40 gr. Mini Mags since they work and I've got a lot of them. I've put two hundred through it with no malfunctions, it's as concealable as it gets, no recoil and accurate enough for it's purpose. Not that much fun to shoot but ok for what it is. I kind of like the pistol but not enough to put more money into it and wouldn't buy another one. IMO Ruger should have tested these more thoroughly before putting them on the market.

I fully believe that the Galloway hammer spring made all the difference on mine. I also was a bit intimidated about installing it and had a gunsmith do it. I chickened out. But it solved my misfire problem.

Life is like a purple antelope on a field of tuna fish...