Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I'm glad you guys are liking this thread. It's been fun shooting this new rifle. I just looked at the weather report for tomorrow (12-4-23) and the wind is going to die way down. Something like 2-5 mph, which is very calm for around here. I may have to take the Kidd barreled rifle out with this new rifle and do some rifle dueling. 2 10/22's side by side comparison and shootout!! Been watching some videos on Youtube as well. Guys like Don (Rimfire SS) can sure shoot these rifles. His video's are always very informative:

If I shoot tomorrow, I'll let you guys know how they do.

After watching some of these youtube videos, I'm starting to wonder if I should be shooting 5 shot groups instead?? Would be much easier and conserve ammo. However, for a 22lr I'm used to shooting 10 shots for score. What say you guys??

I've watched a couple of his videos. What I found most surprising is the difference between various bolts. He seems to like the Faxon bolt a lot. Might be worth checking it out to further tighten groups.

Of the videos I've been watching, he's been praising the Brownells bolts. He has a few rifle builds where he uses that bolt in particular. I've had good luck with the JWH Custom precision bolts. The main thing is your bolt face needs to be perfectly square to the barrel with as close to 100% contact as possible. The upgraded bolts also offer things that reduce firing pin bounce, so as to keep things more consistent, and we know consistency is always key to great accuracy/precision. With my 10/22's where I use my original bolts, I'll work them over a bit. Polishing, radius the rear of the bolt to ease operation and make it more reliable. I also replace the extractor, firing pin and springs with a kit from Volquartsen. This is mainly if I'm going to use it in competition. I need it to be reliable and as accurate as possible.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA