So, the question is still do you build or buy. If you buy, do you buy used to keep costs down? I took a risk on buying this stainless TI Elite 22S build, but it looked very well thought out and priced right. Far less than it would have cost to actually build it.

Something I forgot to mention about these rifles is trigger pull weight:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
This build has a poly unmarked trigger housing. Generally I prefer an aluminum housing, like the one on my other rifle, but this one is working well. I probably won't change it. The only marking on this housing I've found was a "T". I don't know if that means it's for a target model or what?

The pull weight on the Kidd barreled 10-22:

Both rifles for comparison:
The one on the top, costing $575.00 and the one on the bottom costing $473.00 (roughly). Both have their pluses for sure.

As a comparison, you could buy a competition model for around $750-800. One that intrigues me is the LVT model, which can be found for under $400.00. Been hearing a lot of good things about that one, and they can come with a wood stock or Hogue overmold. That 20" Talo may be one to watch out for.

Like I said previously, in a different thread, I saw a nice older target model with laminated wood stock for $275 the other day. That would make a good platform and would possibly only need a new barrel. Sell the factory hammer forged heavy barrel to recoup some of the cost towards a Kidd barrel. You could be into something like that for around $450.00. The route you take is almost limitless.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA