Originally Posted by pullit
BSA, when you bedded yours, did you put any bedding under the back of the receiver (on the little shelf), or under the barrel?

Nope. It sits on the shelf just fine, and the barrel rests on the stock. I'm more focused on the void that you often have right at the action screw area. I want the rifle to lay in there as neutral as possible, without any stress induced when I tighten the action screw. Hopefully that makes sense buddy. I've also experimented with freefloating the barrel, and find that the last few 10-22's shoot better with contact through the barrel channel. Again, in a neutral state. No hard upward pressure or anything like that. The cool thing about that magpul x22 hunter stock is they provide a tension ring, that you can adjust pressure to the barrel:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

One thing you guys may notice is the lack of huge fliers that you always hear about with these rifles. I've had some that were extreme, prior to bedding them. I've also used Devcon 10110, but that depends on the rifle and stock and how much bedding material you need. You asked about the rear of the receiver, if it is not making contact, I'll put some bedding in the rear. However, these 2 rifles did not require it.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA