Originally Posted by Pat85
Originally Posted by RiverRider
I don't know how many times I have pointed it out, but then again I do not know how many times I will point it out again: the board of directors controls who gets on the nominating committee and the nominating committee controls who gets on the ballot for the board of directors. That's how the bylaws are written.

Any guesses as to how the bylaws can be amended? LOL.

In case it's not self evident, what this means is that a closed group has seized control and consolidated power in such a way that the membership is powerless to make any changes that the board of directors does not want.

If that ain't SWAMP, I don't know what is.

And we wonder why WLP was able to milk the organization as long as he did?

I won't even try to predict whether NRA can ever recover and become the organization most of us believed it to be until a few years ago, but the fact of the matter is that it is NOT the organization we thought we were supporting. And it won't be until the bylaws are changed to allow the membership more influence.

I can understand some of the guys here who just refuse to believe the NRA isn't the greatest organization going. I used to believe that myself, but the day came that I had to admit to myself that my eyes were not lying to me.

Just another example why some say "the truth hurts."

The truth doesn't hurt, it is what it is. The issue is who is going to takeover as the 800 pound gorilla in the room for gun rights? 2020 form 990s has the NRA taking in 105 million in contributions, the GOA took in about 6 million. 6 mill will get a few wins in lawsuits, its not going to buy very much influence in a presidential or senate race. In the 2020 election the NRA out spent by 8 million all the other gun organizations combined. If people want a comparable replacement to the NRA they better get out their wallets and dig deep.

What seamstress has influence over senate/potus races?