Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by kwg020
$35 a year. There is no mandate to add any more. It's a case of let's take out the trash then stand together.

kwg

I don't think you understand.

Certain members get to vote in the BoD elections. As a Life Member I get to vote.

Guess what? No one is on the ballot unless the nominating committee allows them to be.

Guess who control who is on the nominating committee? That would be the Board of Directors.

My vote truly means nothing because no one sits on the nominating committee who would upset the applecart, and the nomonating committee will allow no one on the ballot for the BoD elections who would upset the applecart.

Can you see the problem here?

You cannot take out the trash because you have NO influence over who sits on the Nominating Committee.

You cannot take out the trash because you cannot get a nominee for the BoD past the Nominating Committee.

The trash OWNS the organization. They have a lock on it. You and I have NO SAY WHATSOEVER, but you can send them all the money you want to send.

NRA is SWAMP.

Unfortunately this is true.

I don't understand how it got that way. The "Cincinnati Reforms" of 1977 were supposed to prevent stuff like this.

As a Life Member (actually Benefactor member) I too get to vote. But why bother? I have no idea who the candidates are or what are their qualifications. For a time, there was a slate of candidates other than those nominated by the Board. No longer.

I joined in 1975. CBS had a show about how "evil" hunting was. It featured a guy grabbing a little exotic deer of some kind by the antler and pumping pistol bullets into it. The deer bleated after every shot. I asked my wife to bring me our checkbook. I wrote a check for $100 to the NRA and addressed it to "NRA Washington, DC." I enclosed a note asking to be a Life member and told them if this was not the correct amount, I would send more. A lot of water had gone under the bridge since then.

Ever since then I have donated money every year until crooked Wayne became known. I will hold off a little longer to see if they have made some changes.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.