Few years back I picked up a Marlin 336Y in .30-30 from HillamHawk here on the fire. They "Y" stands for "youth", of course...16.25" 1:10 twist Microgroove barrel; short length of pull on the buttstock. I sent it to Regan Nonneman and had it rechambered to .307 Winchester. Sent the stock out to JohnBoy for deep forest green with black webbing paint. Picked up an XS picatinny rail with patridge front blade and rear peep. And finally a set of Leupold quick release rings for the Leupold VX2 1-4x20 that I bought from jsgwoodsman. All in all, it is a lightweight, hard-hitting little bugger that is a joy to carry. When I'm sneaking and peeking, I can hold it by the pistol grip pointed right at the ground along my right side while I work my way through heavy or snow-covered brush. It's so light and handy, you hardly know it's there. Nice tight groups with 170gr Nosler Partition RN over Varget, Accurate 2015 or Norma 200. Shot a buck with it two years ago. Looking forward to more.

"Keep your mouth shut, work hard. Life is tough. Work through it.” -- Stetson Bennett, Quarterback, Georgia Bulldogs