Originally Posted by Coyote10
6.5 creed is an impressive little cartridge. Does nothing a 260 or 6.5x55 hasn't already done for a handloader, but whatever floats your boat. It's not an elk cartridge. It has killed elk, ut that doesn't make it an elk cartridge.
I find myself a stauch 30-06/280 rem fan with an appreciation for good 7 rem mag. I can't believe I'm saying this, but a 7 prc may actually be an equivalent to anything you'll ever need. If I wanted to kill elk and not just shoot targets, I would actually build a rifle set up around 1 specific bullet. In this case I'd go with a 175 accubond lr. I think that bullet with the correct powder in a prc would be a stomper to a grand.
I do think as well, that a 7 rem mag throated for that bullet would probably beat that prc in velocity at the muzzle, but I'll bet when you run the numbers, they are so close at 1000 in velocity and energy that that bullet will be one in the same in performance.
With all this said, I'm gonna stop diving into this comparison, because it may cost me a trip to my smith and about 5 or 600 on a rebarrel. Then dies, brass,.....
Your smith works cheaper than mine. When I decide to send a gun to a gunsmith it becomes a money pit. It's going to shoot no matter what it takes.

Life is good live it while you can.