Originally Posted by Backroads
Originally Posted by Trappererick
Looking for a way to carry my 3" 1911 on my backpack. Would like to carry it on my left shoulder strap and looking for someone who makes a holster and attachment system that will allow me to do this. My gun is a 3" 1911 with a Holosun RMR. Does anyone know of a system that will work for this? Cant carry it on the waist strap as I have some pockets all ready on there.

Are the items in your hip belt pockets more important to have at hand than your handgun? Way easier to put that stuff in your pack and carry on the waistbelt.

I like the safariland ALS paddle holsters. Put it on the padded waistbelt for the hike. When you drop your pack, thread your belt through it and your carry gun is in the same place.

It is possible to use a Safariland mid or low ride universal belt loop with your ALS holster and not have to move it back and forth.

Shim the 2" or 2.25" belt loop to fit your trouser belt and the ubl will ride under your pack belt and drop your holster low enough to clear. If it is a thicker pack belt, T spacers or mls/qls quick detach setups can be used to offset the holster away from you and the pack belt.