Teal;
Good morning to you sir, I trust the day's breaking bright and fair out your way and you're well.

Rather than repeat all my past history which many of you already know, the auto incident which came within a whisker of having me cross over at 15 taught me a lot about, well a lot of life.

I recall a conversation similar to this cyber one we're having now when the question was posed to me where a similar scenario was laid out and the question asked, "What would you do to survive?"

My response, based upon what I'd struggled mightily to live through in my youth was, "Pretty much anything and everything it would seem"...

For sure I'm now an aging boomer, though the last couple of chats I've had with my doctor and a bit of a grueling sheep hunt a couple seasons back indicate that thankfully I'm in decent condition despite the aggregate of years piled together.

Many have said that soft and hard folks will die, which is likely true, since inevitably we all are taking that last trip.

More and more at this stage in my life while I look back at what I've done with it, forward to what I might still be allowed to do and contemplate what I'm supposed to do at present, including posting here at our Cyber 'Fire, it occurs to me it'd be okay to die well.

I'm still working on what exactly that means for sure Teal.

To be clear I'm in no rush to go either, but am spiritually and mentally ready.

Lastly some have mentioned they believe that should life take a hard turn and go over the bank, that things might be quite tribal.

Personally I can't see it any other way myself.

Toward that end I've been getting to know the neighbors in our rural area to know who owns firearms, who has medical training, who hunts, who can repair things, etc.

Even if I'm gone, the ones I've introduced to each other have a better chance to maintain and rebuild.

Anyways sir, just a few random thoughts from a semi-ancient redneck sitting in the dark with the wood stove blazing and the coffee on.

All the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"