Originally Posted by Teal
Do you think soft people are just that way and can never change or are they that way only because the circumstances allow them to be like that? Take it away and they'd toughen up?

Recent events in Hati and other places in the world/world history got me to thinking.

SHTF happens (whatever that looks like for you) - it's likely a lot of elderly will pass. No more access to meds, O2 services and the like.

But what about the 27 year old theater major who got "triggered" because you didn't use xin/xer pronouns that made your coffee this am? They can "afford" to be soft in the traditional sense because the world allows it. When the world no longer provides the ability to be soft and survive - does that barista just die or do you think they actually harden up and survive?

People tend to find resolve and a will to survive when there's no other choice. Just curious as to what the rest think.

I was just talking with someone about today’s youth and their inability to cope with a little adversity. My wife didn’t have indoor plumbing until she was in the 9th. grade. A wood frame home, with little to no insulation, a coal fired heater in the middle of the house. I suspect that it was a bit cold during the Wyoming winters. She’s spoiled now…….but probably still a little bit tougher than most! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024