Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by earlybrd
FFS you ghey or not

Yes he is.

He wants to make it illegal not to be gay as well.

Actually, I've not advocated for criminalizing it, though I think the Supreme Court 's decision in Bowers v. Hardwick was flatly wrong. It might interest you to know that Jefferson, in a criminal code written for the Commonwealth of Virginia, made homosexual sodomy a felony punishable by castration. In this, Jefferson only followed Blackstone and the common law.

My own view is that we should return homosexuality to the closet where it was of relatively little harm to homosexuals and to others. And it is this which bothers you so deeply---the idea of homosexuality being made illegal or returned to the closet from whence it sprang. That the possibility incenses you is evidenced by the fact you've consistently condemned the Founders' understanding of the Constitution, which condemns homosexuality, calling in "Sharia Law". It's no accident that in this thread you've raised the possibility of it being made illegal as an argument against my condemnation of it here. You've consistently opposed any moral condemnation of homosexuality. Can it be any clearer Conrad? Any interpretation of the Constitution and Declaration (to say nothing of the Common Law and "the laws of nature") that condemns rectal intercourse between men offends you deeply. Can it be anymore obvious why that is?! grin

Look, what you do in the privacy of your own sheep farm is no one's business but yours. But you have no right to claim that the perversion for which you are an assiduous apologist is remotely moral let alone "Constitutional" because it isn't, no matter how much you, Barnard and DBT wish that it was.

Last edited by Tarquin; 03/24/24.

Tarquin