I think some of the biggest handicaps for the .280 Rem are difficulty finding ammo unless he is a hand loader, the fact that Remington DELIBERATELY underloaded the round to favor their weaker (?) actions IE the pump and autoloaders. Funny thing and by funny I mean peculiar and not funny ha ha. Remington has no problem chambering those type rifles to the .270 Win. It almost seems Big R wanted the .280 to fail. I can easily hand load 160 gr. Speer Grand Slams, the older two core version to 2910 FPS with no apparent pressure problems and excellent accuracy. I'm thinking that if I can get another elk hunt lined up I'll give my .280 Rem. a try with my hand loads and see what's what. As usual my 30-06 will come along as back up gun or maybe I'll let the usual .35 Whelen play second fiddle.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE