I bought a cool little M38 that someone has sporterized, and thought there is no finish on the metal at all and the issue straight-grip stock is really dark and in need of a refinish, it has the bolt correctly bent, D&T'd, with Weaver bases, the trigger pull has had some work (do not know poundage) 20.5" barrel is free-floated from the barrel step forward, and the barrel mirror-brite! hey, I got this OTD for $60!!!! The guy said that he bought the shop 5 years ago, and that it was there then, and has been there ever since. I already have brass on the way, and was thinking that a low power fixed or variable like a Leupy 1-5X or at most a 4x would make a very fine low-recoil deer carbine for hunting der in the 150lb class out to maybe 175yds at most.

Can't wait to shoot it - anyone have experience shooting or hunting with this little cartridge?

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.