I have an Arisaka, and found it to be a fun little rifle. I used mine to hunt hogs in the coastal marsh. I figure if the jungles of Burma and the South Pacific couldn't hurt it, then a little marsh water wouldn't do it any harm.

PO Ackley wrote of the excellent strength of the receiver. The safety is hard to work with a scope mounted, but I found I could manage it by pushing and turning it with just my thumb. An after market trigger with an intregal safety is a good idea. Makes life easy.

There is a wide variety of 6.5mm bullets. The 160 grain round nose bullets will do rude things to big swamp hogs. That is a great 150 yard bullet. Penetration is off the charts.

The Arisaka is not a slick action for a custom rifle, but it is as reliable as an anvil. It is also a piece of history. Use it and have fun with it. Makes the best foul weather rifle I can think of. It sure is a conversation starter. You will be surprised at how many guys will tell you their father had one as a war souvenir.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo