keystone/Big Red,

Whoever did mine did all the D&T'ing and the bolt bending too, but the bolt bend is not the best, so only scopes with very small ocular lenses will work. i happen to have a Weaver K3 that works well, but I think I will have it properly replaced in the near future.

As to the Graf Brass, I happen to have 50 headed my way for $25!

In looking at alternatives to the safety, I did find that Timney makes a neat trigger with side safety, and while the stock will require a little work, it can be fairly easily done, and make the gun safe, and you can buy that whole assy for about $65, but until then, one alternative is to simplt lift the bolt handle part of the way up, thus disabling the firing mech. but it is not a tactile way, and would would have to be careful

Lastly, I will be the first to say that for the expense of doing all that work, I would never choose an Arisaka or a Mauser either, as there are too many good actions from commercial makers out there that can be had for less, but sombody already did this to the gun, and I could see where the design emphasis was headed, so for as little as I paid, why not?

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.