map, to second what AkMtnHntr just said, and AKJD, dude your going a spring bear hunt in May. I dont see you moving camp on your back all too often. May can generally have much nicer weather than fall but its still Alaska so anything can happen. I am unclear if you are doing a guided hunt or a hunt with friends based on the info you have provided. That missing info would help make your decision for you, but if your hunting the way I think you probably will be, I'd grab up a big warm synthetic bag that wont break the bank and call her good. I dont see your needing a down bag nor a light one, but like I said it would sure help if we knew what type of camp (tent,boat,cabin?) your expecting. The Wiggys Superlight (0 degree) bag I recently got from Marc though not lightweight by backpacking standards is a cozy SOB, it s big and comfy, hell I almost took a nap in it when I layed in it messing with my new tent. And to be honest with you they are fairly inexpensive by sleeping bag standards. Theres a fine line between lightweight gear that works and just plain gear that works and generally speaking when you add lightweight to the equation it changes the definition of comfort to some degree.I too have been using a Cats Meow or a similar NF equivalent for a lot of years and it has worked well for a sub 3 lb backpacking bag thats synthetic. Just pick one and roll dude, or at least tell us a little more about the hunt your doing.