Originally Posted by ken999
Sounds to me like the biggest variable between AK and ADK is the wind. That makes it more of a tent/shelter issue than it does a sleeping bag issue.

This is true, but ask Marc T what he had to deal with when he came down from hunting sheep all day this past season and his tent had been destroyed by a curious grizzly bear, and he was many air miles from help. Chit that can [bleep] up your plans happens a lot up here, and its those incidents that build strong opinions about gear as well as building a bit of character. A guy I know had a nightamrish experience while hunting goats in the late season on Kodiak this past fall, where his Kifaru Tipi blew the [bleep] down in 90+ mph winds and they had to roll up in the tipi and attempt to sleep through the 10 hour storm. Wet, cold and miserable, he'll tell you that the Wiggys just plain worked. I am not dogging you dude, I am just saying that many Alaskan hunters endure some crazy chit every year using them bags and they dont come back saying I need a new sleeping bag.