I posted on a similar thread earlier: I've taken only two deer with my .44 (a 7.5" SBH)-both with the same bullet to which you referred. Both were broadside shots at 50 yards or less. Both bullets clearly performed as asked, penetrating fully, expanding adequately and providing modest, but leaky exit holes. Neither deer traveled more than 25 yards after being hit.

I was impressed that the XTP performed like the Goldilocks story: not too much, not too little...just right. (No lost meat). Maybe that was as much due to the relatively low velocity (by rifle standards) as to the XTP design. Still, the bullets clearly expanced and clearly penetrated. I wouldn't ask for more of a handgun bullet.

I'm currently loading 300 gr. WFN/GC bullets from Beartooth Bullets. (Started loading these heavier bullets for black bear repellant on wilderness canoe trips). Haven't shot anything with them yet. These are rather stoutly loaded (H110) and they shoot very well in my revolvers. I'm due for a black bear license this year and I'll probably carry my 5.5" Redhawk as a back-up. Who knows? Maybe I'll lay aside the rifle to use the wheel gun.

I'll be curious to read others experiences.