It's a different world now than it was when I started casting bullets in the mid-late 80s.

There were no handgun partitions, no X handgun bullets, no Swift bullets. There were no 300 grain jacketed .44 bullets. The .454 was still proprietary, not sure if the .475 and .500 linebaugh existed but if they did, they were strictly custom deals. No .460 S&W, no .500 S&W, .480 Ruger, etc.

Basically the biggest kid regularly found on the block was the .44 and the ammo choices were between (a) hard cast SWCs (the LBT type designs were just barely out and not known yet) or fairly fragile 240 grain JHPs. Pretty lean times for handgun hunting bullets.

I have one .44 that requires a home cast bullet .. unless someone is making a .433" bullet I don't know about. It's got an oversized bore and leads like crazy with standard .429 to .430 bullets.

Otherwise, if I were starting from scratch, I'm not sure I'd cast bullets. I'd probably use the 250 grain .44 partition and 260 grain .45 partition for my "heavy lifting" and buy commercial lead bullets for plinking.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...