Well, you already know my story, but I'll post it again.
Yes, the Sierra's shoot great! We've used them in 3 Whelen's and 2 .358's. All of the rifles loved them, with typical groups sub-moa. Everything shot with the Whelen's appeared to be hit very hard. Always signs of good expansion. The problem came from my brother's .358. He shot a whitetail buck at point blank range, probably less than 15 yards from his treestand. The shot hit the shoulder blade going in and angled down through and clipped a rib on the way out. He dug the bullet out of the ground and it looked like he could load it right back up. Other than the rifling grooves, the nose lead missing, plus a slight bend appearance, you really couldn't tell it had been shot. (no branches around, so it didn't tumble prior to hitting the deer)
The estimated impact velocity was around 2400fps.
This is only one incident and yes, the buck died quickly, but that was enough for the .358 users in our group to quit using the Sierra. They both switched to the 200 Hornady spire point, and it's worked perfectly.

Jeff, IMO, if you are shooting deer at extended range, you'll be asking for trouble with the Sierra.
That's my $0.02. I'll give ya change back if you'ld like. grin