Jeff, had decided early not to post further on this subject, but saw some interesting comments that differed enough from my experience I thought I'd take a chance. My Whelen (built on a Rem 700 LA in a Pacific Research stock) shot the 225 Sierras and NPTs with the same loads within 6-26 fps (avg) MV and within 1" of each other at 100 yds. I didn't notice significant POI differences in the 2 bullets, esp vertically, so wonder whether some rifle-specific variables may be at work. As to the performance on game, the photo you posted of the exit wound on your deer with the 200 gn Sierra is very similar to the exits of my 225 Sierras from the Whelen. Given the attainable velocities in the 358 Win (2450 fps) vs the 35 Whelen (2700 fps), IMO we might be seeing a better matched bullet to the 358 in the 200 gn, than the 225 gn designed for the Whelen MV. Sierra GKs, despite all the comments we hear, are jacketed in the larger calibers for impact on tougher game. I'd remind us of Boddington's comments on use of Sierra 300 gn .375 bullets on Cape buffalo, "At standard ... velocity (2350 fps) I simply don't know of any 300-grain 375 bullet that isn't adequate for (Cape) buffalo... I have used 'plain old bullets' like Sierra boattails ... with perfect results." The point I'm trying to make is that matching conventional bullet construction to expected impact velocity and game animal construction are probably very important determinants of terminal performance. Just my $.02 FWIW.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now