Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
IMHO, it's all in the "wrap," meaning if there's no air gaps between meat and paper, wrap, or bag, it probably doesn't matter much which method's used. I feel I can get fewer gaps using plastic wrap and then freezer paper so that's what I do. May not be any truth to it, but it makes me sleep better at night.

What he said.
I think you have to address what "feezer burn" is in order to come up with a deterent for it. My belief is that it's caused from air next to the meat drying the meat out. If you put a barrier between the meat and the air, you won't have freezer burn. Like using Chap Stick on your lips in the cold.
We bone our meat, so there are no protrusions to allow air pockets next to the meat, then use clingwrap and then freezer paper, and it doesn't burn. I've only seen meat freezer burn when it had air next to it.

Frostfree freezers have always had a reputation for causing meat to freezer burn more than conventional non-frostfree freezers, because they replace the air in the freezer regularly. Frostfree freezers were developed to keep people from having to de-ice their freezers, but they have the drawback of drying things out.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.