JB

Again, I'm going off topic but I know you will find my post here.

Thanks for the reply. As far as good hunting and eating goes, I'm currently eating one of the tenderest, mildest flavored, tasty mule deer I've ever had. I got him late sept. in Utah on a muzzleloader hunt during less than ideal conditions. Daytime temps were in the upper 70's, nights were OK, but with proper care I got him home in excellent condition, aged it, butchered it and vacuum packed it. I'm not a total newb. Eatin's real good on my end.

It was a 2 1/2 year old 3x3 that was my first muzzleloader buck. I saw bigger, pulled the hammer back on a 4X4 three times, but never had the right shot (too far, running behind bushes, and again too far). Next to the last day I decided to bring home some meat when the right opportunity presented itself. Good decision on my part. So far, one for one with the muzzleloader.

I just moved to Colorado last year after spending 14 years in Anchorage. Last fall was my first chance to hunt in the lower 48 in a long time. Muzzleloaders were never a great option for Alaska - no seasons (other than a very few special hunts) long shots, BIG GAME, only one shot, bears, etc.. It just always made more sense to carry my model 70 .300 win mag.

Best wishes,

fish head