Well let me be another to say welcome to the 'Fire. I've slacked off this year in the centerfire ammo I send downrange to about 50-75 rounds on the weekends. However the 22 has been getting tons of use practicing offhand (about a half brick a week)

I can't find any reason to not like a 280 Mountain Rifle. My brother and I had one that got bounced between the two of us for a lot of years. Just yesterday he said he's seriously thinking about selling it off. Its a 30-06, and with 180's its brutal to shoot. A dull axe blade would make a better butt pad than that rounded off Remmy POS would laugh

Your part of Colorado can't be a whole lot different than the W half of Montana. I'm partial to the Kimber 84's for the steep ass hunting I do every fall. But now that you're in the neighborhood, you'll be wondering why rifle manufacturers build so many fat pigs for the masses. I swear Remington Ruger and Winchester must think that 90% of people hunt out of blinds where you can drive the truck right up to it laugh

My sweety and I. Its the 308...

[Linked Image]

Rifle, Scope, Ammo and Turner sling, 7 Lbs 2 oz. Turner 1903s are a pound, but well worth it unless you like tellin' stories about the one that got away.

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall