I've seen several honest to goodness 8 footers in the field,but have never sealed the deal on one. My graciousness has been my undoing,more than once. I coulda swatted two of them with definate ease,but that's Hunting. I've also put more than one pard on a B&C Buck,that I shoulda swatted myself,but greed ain't my gig.

All parties term "squared" differently. My definition is the measurement of the green hide,lying UNtouched by any party,upon a flat surface and the measurements from outstretched fronts(inside claws),and the distance from tail to nose added together and then divided by 2.

If she's laying there by it's lonesome,with noone tugging on anything and the numbers grant over 7',she's a Good 'Un IMHO.

I'd love to have stuck a tape on the Hurt Foot Konger I have on video. He was an absolute [bleep] BRUTE and is without reservation,the most outlandish sized specimen I've ever been privvy to.

The one that Tony chased,was no dink. I shoulda drove him too...............(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."