BW,
Thanks for the welcome, glad to be here & sounds like a lot of knowledgeble gents play here.

Yep, it's great to have a "cool" cousin to let me have his boat for the trip. This year I'll be "borrowing" it again for a deer hunt on Montague and Green Island in Prince William Sound.
All he asks is I replace the fuel filters and refuel when I get back , a couple hundred bucks split 4 ways ain't bad I guess..
Besides we get to catch halibut, red snapper, ling cod and silvers while on the trip, can't wait..why is it only July??

Yeah, I sure did spend a lot of time at sea, I've been on commercial boats since '83, from Dillingham (Bristol Bay),
and along the coast to Dutch Harbor, and up all the way past Kodiak and Cook Inlet to Cordova.
I still regret not taking the opportunity (had many offers) to fish down your way, heard it is a whole 'nother Alaska down there. I suppose you can consider Wasilla as part of Alaska, actually consider it part of Anchorage, it's gettin' way too damn crowded here for me, I'm used to those quiet coastal fishin' towns.
I envy you being in Sitka, must be nice not having to deal with a bunch of liberal bunny/tree hugging dirt worshippers.

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".