Sitka Deer,

Now that I think more about the trip with the bear and hooligan thing, a few thoughts from my memory banks.

I do remember seeing several large River Otters, not more than 200 yards from the kill, as we were skinning the bear a mink came along to see what we were up to, sucker came within a few feet of us as if begging to get skinned also.. I let him know I'm a trapper and he scampered off.

We sorta assumed the blackie was eating the hoolies, but it may have been the other critters..who knows, like I mentioned earlier we never saw any bears eating those tiny fish and there sure was plenty of 'em scattered on the rocks.

In the same cove there is a lake that leads to a glacier and some awesome panoramic views, anyway as I sat glassing the other side of the lake, I saw one of the largest blacks I'd ever laid eyes on, I tell ya he had no ears or legs on 'im, just one huge black ball of fur rolling along the hillside, my bud swears it was a good 7+ footer and I believe him, a few years ago I bagged an honest 6ft 7 in. boar (not stretch measuring mind you) and the bear on the hill looked much larger.

Bearstalker, thanks for the welcome, care to tag along on the deer trip I mentioned a few posts ago? We need 1 more "dude" to make it a raiding party, if we get our deer quick we might have time to stop at the "bear glacier" on the way back to Seward..

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".