Paul B,
With regard to the CHP No.1A's in .357 Magnum, there were 1820 of them made(page 36, Clayton Book). In the scheme of rare Ruger No.1's, that is a fairly high production number.
On the 1B in .300 H&H, there were reportedly 15 of them, with several being sold very recently on GB. Story was there were left over barrels from the Boddington Kudu rifles that were not allowed to be wasted.
Now two of you guys having a .404 Jeff with a muzzle brake is pretty unusual! While I have never owned a .404, I would guestimate the production at 100 or less. I am not aware of any of the regular production rifles having the brake, so makes me wonder if these two were Factory test rifles? I could imagine this(the brake) being done to facilitate the numerous rounds being test fired. You would think they would have had a Lead Sled!!
Last point, when someone asks a question that is in the Book, the Clayton Ruger No.1 book, that is, makes me think that they don't have a copy. I have been selling these 2nd Printing Softcovers here on this Forum off and on for the last 2 years at $33.50 shipped. For all you new Ruger No.1 fanciers, you should get a copy of this book!! Check out my Website for info or send me a PM.
Now for a really rare Ruger No.1, how about a non-prefix .280 with a 22" A weight barrel, Alex Henry forearm and sights, the front sight grooved for a hood. There were 5 made! A .264 WM 1B is about as rare. A .284 Win in the 1B, there were 6-8 of them.
Thanks,

El Numero Uno
a Serious Collector of the Ruger No.1 rifle;
a Modern Classic Sporting Arm