re:Numero Uno
I was a gunsimth at the time I picked this 1 of 100 up, and I tried through Brownell's and Ruger to buy a #1 unbarreled action ,it was a no-go- the 1 of 100 actions came in the white, I believe the old boy had it case hardened and was probably in the process of buying wood for it, or just hadn't sent it off yet for barreling-I did not know that it was a 1 of 100 when I bought it, it was one of those things where you don't want to look at something too close for fear the price will go up-on the way home with the rifles and actions, my daughter opened the box and told me "Daddy, this has 1 of 100 on it, what does that mean?" I almost got ass-ended in traffic stopping to look at it!!!-I also got about 50 books at the same garage sale and later found that they were all autographed by the author!-these are some of the things that divorce tends to cost you-oh Hell easy come, easy go- my new wife has helped me rebuild my collection, but some things you just don't get over-gotta go now,plowing and planting oats for the deer-we have the honor of getting to have the disabled vets hunt on our place in the Hill Country and it is a great blessing to see a vet kill his first deer ever with a bow out of a stand you built just for him!! from his wheelchair at that- it gives you a rush like nothing else in this world-I hope many more landowners will get involved for these boys that gave up their arms,legs,sight, etc. for all of us, it will be the most rewarding thing they have ever done! You don't have to have a tremendous ranch, just enough land for them to hunt on, and there is no real expense-try it you'll LOVE it!!-as for the Ruger's, I don't collect them, I just love them-the one I have now is quite the looker-where is cowhouse creek? we live on the south banks of the Llano river are we neighbors?

If you don't like Robert E. Lee, you won't like it on this ranch. JGM