I might be wrong on this but I always thought wolverine and badger were in different families. Wolverine is a weasel. Biggest of them all. Don't think badgers are same family. ???

You'll know a wolverine even if you see at a distance. Unmistakable method of movement. Very bouncy, like they've got springs in their feet. The first one I saw was bounding through the woods. At first I thought it was a coon but way too dark colored and WAY too big. The way it bounced along was what really took me by surprise. It reminded me of a pet ferret my kid sister had when it got to playing. Very bouncy. That's when it dawned on me what I was seeing. That encounter was about 30 yards away.

The one I nearly hit north of Gordon along the SD border was much closer. I was only going abaout 50 or so when it came down the embankment. I hit the skids slowing to 30-35 and just missed it. As I went by my eyes were glued, naturally, and it looked back over its shoulder at me. Unmistakably a wolverine, the mouth is disproportionately large for the size of the head and the body is something you never forget. Very powerful looking in its movements and yet graceful. Way cool animal!

I'll answer, BCBrian, the best I know. He does it because he can. If you've ever played with a pet ferret you'll know they have agility that would make any cat jealous. A wolverine has strength that would make any bear jealous and an attitude that would make any Marine take second thoughts. They're the toughest tough guy in North America. That is why they do it, because they can.

I don't fear the wolverine. It's not like a mountain lion or bear or wolf. Something deep inside tells me there is nothing to fear unless you're dumb enough to try and corner one. If left alone, they'll leave you alone. I honestly believe there is nothing to fear. There's just something different about them than any other large(ish) predator.

Has anyone ever heard of a wolverine attacking a human? Except perhaps one caught in a trap or cornered (whether accidently or on purpose) I don't think one has ever attacked a human. I believe they're more like a dolphin in shark infested water, they'd probably come to your rescue. I just got a gut feeling about them.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress