Originally Posted by Archerhunter
Their range goes places range maps don't show. I've seen 3 in north eastern Nebraska. One near the Elkhorn river and two further north along Verdigris River. Several people I know have also reported seeing them along the Virdigris or Niobrara rivers.

I also saw one north of Gordon (western Ne) along the SD border. Nearly hit that one with the car as it loped across the road.

Few years ago I stopped at NE Game and Parks to buy deer tags and fur license and pick up the variety of literature they put out each year. I asked the gal behind the counter if the Commission was aware of wolverine presence in the state. She gave me kind of a funny look for a couple seconds, then responded affirmative. I was surprised by her response. At that time they were still denying the presence of mountain lions.

I'm fairly confident you saw a badger. They are fairly similiar in body type and look. Badgers color varies alot at different times of the year. There have been no confirmed wolverines in North Dakota, South Dakota, or Nebraska. They deny mountian lions till they are hit by cars, photos are taken and one was shot in South Sioux City. None of this has happened with a Wolverine in the Central Plains.

ddj

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark